Australian Youth Aerospace Forum 2012
The Australian Youth Aerospace Forum (AYAF) is organised by the Australian Youth Aerospace Association (AYAA). This event provides senior high school students the opportunity to investigate careers and pathways in the aerospace industry. The forum is designed to showcase the various university and industry opportunities presented to students upon completion of secondary school. In 2012 the AYAF will be held in Brisbane and Melbourne. Visit the AYAF website for more information and to lodge an on-line application.
25th - 29th June, 2012
The Brisbane AYAF will be hosted by The University of Queensland, with day trips to other Universities and Industry locations. All meals and accommodation will be provided by Emmanuel College, UQ.
The Forum includes events such as:
- Presentations from lecturers at UQ, QUT and Griffith University on topics including GPS, quadcopters, rockets, scramjets, shock tunnels and UAVs
- Hands on activities such as the design, construction and launch of a small solid rocket motor and the programming of a small autonomous vehicle
- Presentations from the the aerospace industry, including Raytheon, Boeing, DSTO and the Australian Defence Force
- Tours of industry facilities, including Australian Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Sikorsky Helitech, Aviation Australia and the Australian Research Centre for Aerospace Automation
- Tour of RAAF Base Amberley
Applications close: 25th May, 2012
Successful Applicants Announced: 28th May, 2012
Payment Due: 11 June, 2012
Cost: $249 (a limited number of subsidies are available for students who refer their friends or who need to travel long distances)
Download a flyer or a poster
2nd July, 2012
The AYAF Melbourne Activity Day will be held at The University of Melbourne, Parkville campus. This interactive event will offer students a valuable insight into engineering, aerospace, aviation and avionics, identify the possible study pathways to these fields and the employment opportunities after graduation. It is a chance for students to hear presentations about all things aerospace, be involved in demonstrations and meet like-minded peers.
Applications close: 8th of June, 2012
Successful Applicants Announced: 14th June, 2012
For more information and to apply, please visit www.ayaa.com.au/ayaf-melb