- Philip Sansom, geologist, science teacher and TESEP Tasmanian coordinator
- Danielle Shean: Geologist, palaeontologist, VSSEC
The "Our Place in Space" workshop provides an opportunity to discuss:
- common conceptions/misconceptions about the movement of the Earth in space
- investigate concepts related to our Earth in the solar system
- try engaging hands-on activities for use in your classroom
AUSVELS Links: Science Curriculum, Science Understandings/ Earth and Space Science include:
- Level 5: The Earth is part of a system of planets orbiting around a star (the sun)
- Level 7: Predictable phenomena on Earth, including seasons and eclipses, are caused by the relative positions of the Sun, Earth and the Moon.
Teachers will receive all posters, CDs, DVDs etc free of charge (after paying the $55 registration fee) BUT only if they attend the PD. They also receive an ASTA Certificate of Attendance that they can use for proff of PD if necessary.
Time: 10am to 4pm, Thursday 5th December 2013
Venue: VSSEC at Strathmore Secondary College, 400 Pascoe Vale Road, Strathmore, Melbourne
Register through email@example.com