- On completion of this full day program students will have covered all the key knowledge and skills for VCE Physics Unit 1 Detailed Study 3.1.
- Students use software to observe diurnal and annual motion of the stars and planets and plot their position as a function of time and date.
- Graph their observations and derive the mass of Jupiter.
- Introduction to optical and radio telescopes, including the Australian Telescope National Facility (ATNF) and Australia's involvement in the new Square Kilometer Array (SKA).
- A CD of resources for teachers includes an assessment package.
- Each student is provided with a workbook that can be used for assessment.
This program is also suitable as a Year 10 Extension program.
VSSEC offers a combined VCE Astronomy/ Astrophysics package.