- On completion of this full day program students will have covered all the key knowledge and skills for VCE Physics Unit 2 Detailed Study 3.2.
- During the day students use software, including the highly engaging Galactic Explorer (designed by the Games Techniology Research Lab at LaTrobe University) to explore and gather data about stars.
- Students use spectral laps and spectroscopes to understand how we observe astronomical objects and how we use this information to understand our universe.
- Students relate this information to models of the nature and origin of the stars, planets, galaxies and universe.
- A CD of resources for teachers includes an assessment package.
- Each student is provided with a workbook that can be used for assessment.
VSSEC offers a combined VCE Astrophysics/ Astronomy package.