- Students study basic vocabulary and grammar using the exciting context of living and working in space; including topics such as clothing, daily routine, washing and toilet, colour, counting and abilities and skills.
- Culminating in a visit to VSSEC where students suit up for a Mission to the Space Laboratory, where, linked bu audio-visual communications to Mission Control, they complete simple scientific tasks and record the results.
- Activities in the Space Laboratory include observing light, managing the space garden, examinaning minerals and answering questions from a journalist about the experience.
- Class teachers are responsible for encouraging and assisting students with language related questions. Each mission lasts for about 30 minutes and all students act as both a mission controller and astronaut in the Space Lab. Allow 2 hours for the entire mission.
- A CD with all resources including a teacher resource book. Students are provided with workbooks and mission logs.
This language program was developed by Strathmore Secondary College in conjunction with VSSEC as part of the Centre of Excellence in Language Other Than English (CELOTE) program.